Friday, October 9, 2009

Praying for Elena. (Please Read This Post)

Originally, I was going to post about our trip to the fair.
I still will, but I wanted to share this urgent prayer request with you.

I recieved this e-mail in my inbox tonight.

Hello,

My name is Elena, I have 32 years and I live in Russian province. I work in library and I can use computer after my work when possible. I finded your address in internet and I decided to write you this letter.

I have a 8-years old daughter Angelina, her father abandoned us and we live with my mother.

Due to the financial crisis recently my mother lost job and our situation became very difficult.

The prices for gas and electricity is very high in our region and we cannot use it to heat our home anymore.

The winter is coming and weather becoming colder each day. We are very afraid and we don't know what to do.

The only accessible way for us to heat our home is to use a portable oven which work with burning wood. We have enough wood in our region and this oven will heat our home all winter for minimal charges.

Unfortunately, we cannot buy this oven in our city because it costs equivalent of 285 US dollars and very expensive for us.

If you have any old portable oven and in case you don't use it anymore, we will be very grateful to you if you can donate it to us and organize transport of this oven to our address (200km from Moscow). This ovens are different, usually they made from cast iron.

I will be waiting for your answer.

With deep respect from Russia,
Elena and my family.



Elena and her family really need the oven so that they can be warm this winter.

I don't know how she found me, but she is definately going on the Praying Mantis list.

By the way, the Praying Mantis button now links to a special prayer request blog.
I created it to make things easier to comprehend.

Please Pray for Elena. You can reach her at: elenaga@yumail.ru




No comments:

Search This Blog