Monday, November 2, 2009

Treat Jesus Like You Do Your Cell Phone

So, today is Monday.
I usually doa Music Monday for Mrs. Tara at Keeping Up With The Kelly's, but this week I have something I want to share.

Recently, our youth group, Encounter Student Ministries (ESM), has changed the Wednesday night meeting to Sunday. We meet from 6-8 and we call it Illuminate.

Last night we talked about who God is in our lives.

Pastor Jared gave us a really great example that I just can't get out of my head.

What if God was your cell phone?

You have this amazing phone. It does everything. You can call, text, get online, take pictures and video, send pictures and video, bluetooth, everything. Jared told us he knew we didn't just leave our phones in the car for emergency only. He also said that that's probably how some of us trest Jesus. We have this amazing being that can do anything, yet we call on him only when we are sick or hurt or want something or someone we know has something going on. Then he left us with this:

How would your life be different if you didn't carry that phone everywhere you went?
How would your life be different if you truly lived for Jesus?


I want to hear your answers.
Comment Party?

1 comment:

Mrs. Valente said...

Wonderful post! So true...really something to think about.

Except you know that Papa Bear ans I don't have cell phones;)

Search This Blog