Friday, August 20, 2010

I Trust God- By Melly

Dear Mr. God, I’m writin’ you today- Because it seems like lately, I’ve forgotten how to pray.


A few months ago, before school was let out, my teacher had called me out of the classroom to talk. There was a girl that said some hurtful words about people with cancer and it broke me down. Some of my friends knew about it and a couple even confronted her. Before I was pulled out of the classroom, I heard screaming, yelling and swearing in the class next to mine. Everyone ran out to see what had happened and I walked out last with my 2 other friends. There was a big crowd of students surrounding the girl that had said the mean things. The students were yelling at her, and some were even crying. The teachers were trying to get everyone calmed down and that was when I really saw how upset and hurt people were. I asked one of the girls what had happened and she said that everyone found out about what the girl said about cancer patients. I was in shock. How did that get out so fast? How did everyone find out? I looked around my classroom and that was the moment I knew Cancer had, indeed, touched all of their lives somehow.


Cancer has become a part of everyones lives in one way or another. It has become a huge deal. This disease causes so muvh pain to everyone and when I found out how much people it was affecting, I stepped up. I decided I needed to do more. When I went out to talk to my teacher, she had told me how upset everyone was. She told me to "drop it" when I didnt spread it in the first place. She even told me that cancer took some of her family. I had one question for her when she was done talking- Why are you so okay with this situation? I didnt understand how she wasnt the least bit upset. I set my goal at that moment. I let God take my hand and lead me.


I trust God. I believe that he will put me on my path and guide me wherever I need to go. I wasnt as close to God before I was set on this "end cancer" journey. I pray more now. I believe in miracles. I have found hope. Once again- I trust God.


'Cause I need you, but it’s hard to see- Why anyone as big as You, needs anything from me. I know You’re there, so how ya been? I’m alright but I can’t lie, sometimes I feel like givin’ in, you’re all I’ve got..



-Melly
www.melly1901.blogspot.com

No comments:

Search This Blog